For GROUP LEADERS who will SEND to Philly Dream Fest
Published on Apr 19 2016
For Group Leaders Participating Remotely or Sending Flags in Advance
of this year's Philly Dream Fest at the National Constitution Center
Key Facts: Attached to Line Label Flag Return Address
• All flags must be attached to a line, not separate, or we can’t exhibit them.
• Please include THIS LABEL FLAG that shows the name of your school, location (city, state), and grades of students. One Label Flag per line of flags.
• If you are not attending, please send no more than about 50 flags to represent your group. Our exhibition space for remote participation is limited. If you are attending, not limit.
• Allow extra length at the beginning and end of each line to tie onto the next one. A foot is ideal.
• Suggested packing: accordion fold them. Put folded in flags in old file folders and rubber band them if possible.
• We must receive the flags at least a week in advance of the event to include them.
• Send flags to:
The Dream Flag Project
The Agnes Irwin School
275 S. Ithan Avenue
Rosemont, PA 19010 USA
• Please include a return label for us to use when we mail them back. (We will pay for postage for the return.)
• If there are one or two poems you would like read by student readers at the celebration, print them on paper with school name, student’s name, and grade. Include the paper in your package. We’d love to include them!
• Let us know if you DO NOT want your flags to be part of the TRAVEL FLAG program where we send them to Philadelphia and remote locations. They will be part of our Dreams in Transit program with SEPTA, may be exhibited at a gallery in Center City, and may be part of other exhibitions.
1. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to let Jeff Harlan know you’re interested at least one week before the event.
2. Create a video of up to two minutes with student poets reading their Dream Flags poems. You can include an introduction.
3. Upload your video to a Dropbox that Jeff will give you access to. We will show it to the 500+ attendees.
4. Watch our Video Post of the poetry at www.dreamflags.org after the event.