For GROUP LEADERS who will ATTEND May 14, 2016
Published on May 02 2016
Key Facts: Select representative readers. Arrive with Flags by 10. Bring paper copies of poems.
If you have not already done so, sign up here to let us know you plan to attend.
Here are the things to do before your attend with your group on Saturday, May 14.
• Bring your Dream Flags with you on May 14th. They will be exhibited during the Celebration.
• All flags must be attached to a line, not separate, or we can’t exhibit them.
• Attach THIS LABEL FLAG including the name of your school, city, state/country, and student grades. It is OK that it's printed on paper. If you have sevearl lines, please attach a Label Flag to each.
• Try to make flag lines no longer than about 50 flags. Make multiple lines if needed. One label flag per line.
• Allow extra length at the beginning and end of each line to tie onto the next one—about a foot is good.
• Recommended: accordion fold flags. Put folded flags in file folders and rubber band them if possible.
PARENTS & TRIP
• Make sure parents know the event is free and open to the public.
• Make sure parents of any students chaperone their children unless you chaperone them yourself.
• Refer parents to the Public Invitation on our News & Events page for details
• Let parents and students know that tee shirts will be for sale for $10.
• All other activities between 10:00-‐11:30 are free—button making, art activity, open mike, etc.
• Plan your trip. Directions are at constitutioncenter.org/visit/directions. To park in the NCC garage, go to 5th and Race and enter off Race Street. Allow at least 10-‐15 minutes for parking. Easy public transit is available.
• For our more formal program from the Celebration Stage—from 11:30-12:30—each school attending is invited
to have at least THREE representative poets read from the Celebration Stage. We will email you if the number is higher.
→If you will have readers, make sure they practice reading. They will hold a mike and their poem.
→Make sure readers have print copies of their poems that day.
• ALL other students attending will be invited to read their Dream Flag Poems at the Open Mike from 10:00-11:30.
→Make sure Open Mike readers bring a copy of their poem.
→More directions will be in the teacher packet you receive when you attend.
Day of Event
1. By 10:00 AM: Arrive at the National Constitution Center with your Dream Flags. (4th and Arch St., Phila.)
2. Bring Flags to Participant Group Registration Desk at top of stars. Register and receive group materials.
3. Give numbered Reader Buttons you receive to your stage readers.
4. Help assigned Event Staff to exhibit Dream Flags where directed.
5. Enjoy festival activities between 10:00 and 11:30; attend celebration program in theater from 11:30-12:30.
6. After program, help take down and repack your Flags.
7. Bring them to the TRAVEL FLAG Table IF you want them to be part of travelling installations. We have to limit Travel Flags to about 50 per group due to storage and return mail limitations.
PARENTS AND STUDENTS
8. Arrive at the National Constitution Center between 10:00 and 10:30 AM.
9. Check in with organizing teachers.
10. Adults Chaperone students as they participate in activities 10:00 - 11:30; attend program from 11:30-12:30.